I came across this article while reading the newest Inc. magazine, it’s all about the qualities that great employees often share:
- The ignore job descriptions
- They’re eccentric
- They know when to dial it back
- They publicly praise
- They privately complain
- They speak when other won’t
- They like to prove others wrong
- They’re always fiddling
The interesting thing that I noticed about the list of qualities was that there seemed to be a balance.
- Publicly praise but privately complain
- Quirky and fun but know when to be serious and a strong team member
The one question I had after reading this article is… Are all the qualities equally relevant or does one quality dominate?