What Marketers Need to Know About HTML5
As marketers, it is important that we are knowledgeable about changes that could affect how customers and search engines interact with our clients’ websites. Whether you work at an agency, follow some of the popular marketing blogs, are tech geek, or are all of the above like me, you know that web development has being going through a change lately, known as HTML5.
HTML5 expands on the HTML programming language that designers have been using for several years now. It allows web designers and developers to create more interactive, user friendly, and mobile friendly websites.
So what are the benefits, and why should you use and understand HTML5 as a marketer? The infographic below breaks down not only the benefits of HTML5, but also it’s growth, what browsers support the new features, and what companies are leading the change.
Take Aways and Insights
- HTML5 allows for better cross platform use: desktop, tablet, and smartphone
- New tags make it easier for search engines to read a website, making websites built using HTML5 more searchable
- HTML5 offers developers the option to add rich media and geolocation information to the websites they build
- Internet Explorer 6-8 does not support HTML5, only the newest version of Internet Explorer does (9)
- HTML5 allows websites to be automatically available on any web enabled device, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices
- Ford, the Financial Tomes, and Vimeo are leading the way in the use of HTML5
- Based on growth, almost all apps will be built using HTML5 within 3 years