Biggest Moments in Social Media in 2012
From the rise of Pinterest to the ups and downs of Facebook post-IPO, 2012 was a big year for social media. The infographic below, courtesy of The SEO Company and Nowsourcing, showcases some of the top social media moments from 2012, including:
- The complete integration of the timeline format for Facebook profiles and pages
- Pinterest becomes a top referral source, referring more traffic than LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+
- Facebook purchases Instagram
- Facebook IPO opens at $38 shares in May, and falls to $21.83 by October 3rd
- The number of Twitter users who simultaneously watched TV and tweeted about the show reaches 33% of active users
- The number of daily active users for Instagram surpasses that of Twitter
- Facebook surpasses 1 billion members
- The Gangnam style video becomes the most watched video in YouTube history
Think another event should be included in 2012’s top social media moments?
Please leave a comment below!
By Brianna Smith