As we settle into 2014, marketers continue to reevaluate their strategies to determine how to better reach, nurture, and convert customers this year. When creating their 2014 marketing strategies, marketers are evaluating the different trends predicted by industry experts. One of the most discussed predictions for 2014 is the importance of creating highly personalized content across all different digital marketing platforms (i.e. website, blogs, social media, email marketing, etc.). In addition, a trend that I expect to continue to grow during 2014 is the importance of having an integrated marketing strategy that connects social media, SEO, content marketing, email, PPC, PR, and event marketing to create a cohesive experience for potential customers.
Get Amazing Stories
Get new social media, digital marketing, and personal branding content delivered straight to your inbox every week, just a click away, Sign Up Now.
What Marketing Experts Predict for 2014
WebDAM, a leading digital asset management platform for marketers, put together data from industry experts into the infographic below to display marketing trends to expect in 2014. Check out some very interesting marketing statistics that may have you re-examining your 2014 marketing strategy below, including:
- 43% of all marketers found a customer via LinkedIn and 52% of all marketers have found a customer via Facebook.
- Landing pages that included videos see an 86% increase in conversions.
- Companies expect to double their social marketing budgets over the next 5 years.
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a click-trough-rate 158% higher than emails that do not include social sharing buttons.
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for all types of content marketing, with a rating of 89%.
Check out all 20 captivating marketing statistics that will drive 2014 below.